Social Justice & Education
Human Development & Integral MetaTheory
“High-achieving dyslexic.” Writer and transformative educator. Working to bring a greater sense of justice and sanity to education.
Recent appearances and publications.
- Stein, Z. & Gafni, M. (2017). The Apocalypse of the modern world-system and related possibilities for democratizing enlightenment. Spanda Journal. 2(1) pp.93-103. [pdf]
- Podcast recorded May, 2017 with Jesse Lawler of Smart Drug Smarts, where we cover the future of schools (and their possible disappearance), my new book, and a host of important topics in the philosophy of education.
- Interview recorded in February, 2017 for The Dyslexia Quest podcast. Covers some issues related to uniqueness, ethics, and the complexity the so-called “learning disabled.”
- Podcast recorded in January, 2017, at Dr, Charles Parker’s Core Brain Journal. Covers issues in social justice, testing, and the philosophy of education.
- Hour long podcast from March 2016, with systems scientist Tim Winton, on Complexity Science, Learning Theory, Social Justice, and World System Analysis: The The-beautiful-mind-of-Dr-Zachary-Stein
(Human Development and the Global Crisis of Capabilities. Video from the 2015 Integral Theory Conference.)
(Whose Measures? Whose Future? Video from the 2015 Integral Theory Conference.)
- Article: Your Mind is NOT Like a Computer and the Mind-as-Ecosystem Metaphor. Appeared in the Fall 2015 issue of Independent School Magazine, a publication of the National Association of Independent Schools.
- My new book: Social Justice and Educational Measurement, from Roultedge, 2016.
(That is metatron’s cube. My thanks to the artist.)