Writer. Educator. Futurist. Working to bring a greater sense of sanity and justice to education.
Some recent appearances and publications.
- I gave a talk in August of 2018 on the ethics of planetary scale measurement for the Human Data Commons. [Abstract of talk]
- Talking about my paper “Love in a Time Between Worlds” on Michael Garfield’s Future Fossils Podcast. Recorded September, 2018. We cover a wide range of topics including multimethodological science, the need for new experience-and-evidence-based metanarratives, metamodern inquiries into the nature of time, and more…
- Podcast with Daniel Thorson over at Emerge recorded September 12, 2018. Discusses my work on cosmo-erotic humanism with Marc Gafni and company at the Center for Integral Wisdom, specifically the newly released paper, “Love in a Time Between Worlds,” cited just below.
- Hot off the presses: Stein, Z. (2018). Love in a Time Between Worlds: On the Metamodern “Return” to a Metaphysics of Eros. Integral Review, 4(1). [pdf]
- Here I am discussing metamodern education on the TeachThought Podcast. We also discuss my forthcoming book, among other things (June, 2018).
- An excerpt from my forthcoming book, Education in a Time Between Worlds, has been featured at the Institute for Interdisciplinary Research into The Anthropocene (April, 2018).
- My forthcoming book, Education in a Time Between Worlds, has already gotten some attention in the Washington Post (March, 2018).
- Podcast with Daniel Schmachtenberger over at Neurohacker Collective, recorded June, 2017. Wide-ranging and fast moving, Daniel and I talk for over an hour about IQ tests, the brain, education, and the importance of avoiding “monocultures of the mind.”
- Stein, Z. & Gafni, M. (2017). The Apocalypse of the modern world-system and related possibilities for democratizing enlightenment. Spanda Journal. 2(1) pp.93-103. [pdf]
- Podcast recorded May, 2017 with Jesse Lawler of Smart Drug Smarts, where we cover the future of schools (and their possible disappearance), my new book, and a host of important topics in the philosophy of education.
- Interview recorded in February, 2017 for The Dyslexia Quest podcast. Covers some issues related to uniqueness, ethics, and the complexity the so-called “learning disabled.”
- Podcast recorded in January, 2017, at Dr, Charles Parker’s Core Brain Journal. Covers issues in social justice, testing, and the philosophy of education.
- My new book: Social Justice and Educational Measurement, from Roultedge, 2016.
- Hour long podcast from March 2016, with systems scientist Tim Winton, on Complexity Science, Learning Theory, Social Justice, and World System Analysis: The The-beautiful-mind-of-Dr-Zachary-Stein
(Human Development and the Global Crisis of Capabilities. Video from the 2015 Integral Theory Conference.)
(Whose Measures? Whose Future? Video from the 2015 Integral Theory Conference.)
- Article: Your Mind is NOT Like a Computer and the Mind-as-Ecosystem Metaphor. Appeared in the Fall 2015 issue of Independent School Magazine, a publication of the National Association of Independent Schools.
(That is metatron’s cube. My thanks to the artist.)